Thursday 22 December 2011

The Judge

I saw something on Twitter recently which really annoyed me, a man, claiming to be a christian, tweeted to Ricky Gervais that any good and real christian hated him! I can only assume this comment was due to the nature of Ricky's comedy, I won't mention the man's name for confidentiality reasons but I will give you a snippet that the words "Gods Law" was part of it.

I wonder how God feels when we mere specks of dust in comparison to him, take what we like from his written word and twist it and turn it to suit our own selfish opinions and personal gain, trying to in some way envelop the status of judge and completely missing out the other parts of his law like, "Do unto others as you would be done by" "Love your neighbor as yourself" and of course the words of Jesus "Let him who is without sin cast the first stone"
What happened to imitating the Jesus who in meekness and humility let himself be nailed to a cross to pay the price that was owed for our sins, because we are not good or righteous enough to pay it?!

I thank God that I know the Jesus who welcomes and longs for the friendship of all, whatever, whoever.




3 comments:

  1. Ricky Gervais once asked, "If God is real then why did he make me an Atheist?"

    His comment is amusing, but also very thought provoking. Why don't people find God when they look for him? When these kinds of questions make some Christians so fearful, I wonder if they are they just fighting the truth that they know deep down, that they don't really know God at all.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I Really dislike Christians using socail networking to slag of other people. And agree in what you say.

    ReplyDelete